Winter Mushrooms Chestnuts & Tofu Stew
Chinese New Year Celebration dish
- 200 g Frozen tofu cut into cubes, season with salt and pepper and dust with some corn starch ( Alternatively, marinade tofu with Miso & Plum sauce add extra flavour to tofu, duct with corn starch and shallow fry. )
- handful of variety dried mushrooms or fresh shitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms
- 200 g any green and red vegetables (peppers, carrots, celery, cabbage)
- 2 thin sliced root ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dribble of rice wine (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon of Miso & Plum Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of good quality Light and Dark Soy Sauce each
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- spring onion to garnish
*Always be careful when cooking nuts in hot oil
- Shallow fry marinated tofu pieces and set aside
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add ginger and crushed garlic to the oil to release the fragrance and flavour into the oil. Discard ginger and garlic after 30 seconds if you like.
- Now add all fresh mushrooms and vegetables into the same frying pan, stir evenly, add the sauce and stir well and cook for 2-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with rice or noodles.