- a bag of mixed stir-fry vegetables
- Bean sprouts
- 1 medium size onion sliced length ways
- 2 slices of root ginger
- a portion of dried vermicelli (see portion size suggestion on packet)
- Satay sauce with lemongrass ( portion size: 1 tablespoon per person )
- 2 tablespoons good quality light soy sauce
- sprinkle of turmeric powder
You will need a non-stick deep frying pan or wok.
Fill the pan up with hot boiling water enough to cover the amount of vermicelli noodles.. Follow the manufacturer’s instruction, normally cook for about 1-2 minutes. (If you are using fresh noodles, omit this stage.)
* To stop noodles from sticking, cool the cooked noodles under cold tap thoroughly, then a splash of rice vinegar work evenly within the noodles.
- Firstly, add cooking oil to a frying pan, throw in the sliced ginger for about 1 minute, once the aroma of the ginger is released discard the ginger.
- Throw in all the chopped vegetables and bean sprouts and stir well, season with pinch of salt and stir in the noodles and SAUCE A into the pan and cover with a lid and cook in medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir well until cooked.