- Mixed stir-fry vegetables
- Bean sprouts
- 1 medium size onion sliced length ways
- 2 slices of root ginger
- Fine egg noodles (see portion size suggestion on packet)
2 tablespoons good quality light soy sauce 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, optional 1 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) Pinch of 5 spice powder (optional) 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil.
You will need a non-stick deep frying pan or wok.
Key to SUCCESS in cooking perfect stir-fry noodles: Fill the pan up with hot boiling water enough to cover the amount of dried egg noodles. Follow the manufacturer’s instruction, normally cook for about 3-4 minutes. (If you are using fresh noodles, omit this stage.)
- Now add cooking oil to the same frying pan, throw in the sliced ginger for about 1 minute, once the aroma of the ginger is released discard the ginger.
- Throw in all the chopped vegetables and bean sprouts and stir well, season with pinch of salt and stir in the noodles and SAUCE A into the pan and cover to cook in medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir well then cover for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with Mei’s Original Chilli Sauce. IT’S DELICIOUS!