- 200g nice beef rump and sliced (marinade beef with half of Marinade A)
- Mixed stir-fry vegetables
- Bean sprouts
- 1 medium size onion sliced length ways
- 2 slices of root ginger
- Fine egg noodles (see portion size suggestion on packet)
- 1-2 teaspoon of Original Chilli sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoons good quality light soy sauce 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, optional 1 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar), ground black pepper and 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
You will need a non-stick deep frying pan or wok.
Fill the pan up with hot boiling water enough to cover the amount of dried egg noodles. Follow the manufacturer’s instruction, normally cook for about 3-4 minutes. (If you are using fresh noodles, omit this stage.)
Key to SUCCESS in cooking perfect stir-fry noodles is the cooling stage. Once the noodles are cooked, drain the water in a strainer and run it under a cold tap to cool down the noodles and stop it from over cooking.
- Now add cooking oil to the same wok, throw in the sliced ginger for about 1 minute, once the aroma of the ginger is released discard the ginger.
- Add the marinated beef into the wok and quick stir fry for a minute. Once cooked take beef out and let it stand.
- Throw in all the chopped vegetables and bean sprouts and stir well, season with pinch of salt and stir in the noodles and remaining Marinade A plus the Original Chilli Sauce into the pan and cover with a lid to cook in medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Open the lid, stir well and add the cooked beef.