- 200g Chicken breast cut to finger size strips
- 150g Any green and red vegetables (peppers, carrots, celery)
- 40g Cashew nuts (gently fried with a teaspoon of cooking oil)
- 3-4 Tablespoons cornflour
- Marinade A
- 1 Tablespoon of good quality Soy Sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Sprinkle of white/black ground pepper
- Dribble of rice wine (optional)
*You can reduce the use of cooking oil by using a non-stick frying pan.
*Always be careful when cooking nuts in hot oil
- Marinade chicken strips with Marinade A for 20 minutes.
- Chop all green and red vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Add a teaspoon of cooking oil to a wok or frying pan and gently fry the cashew nuts for 10 seconds until light brown, then scoop them out for later use.
- Now fry the vegetables with a tablespoon of cooking oil, again, take them out on one side for later use.
- Dip the chicken strips onto the corn flour evenly then add to the well- oiled wok covered and cook for few minutes on both sides.
- Once chicken strips are cooked, add 1-2 tablespoon of Mei’s Sweet Chilli Chutney to the chicken, stir evenly before adding all the cooked ingredients. Serve with rice or noodles.