- Pasta of your choice
- Olive oil / rapeseed oil
- Red pepper spread ( portion size: 1 tablespoon per person )
- Small courgette if prefer
- Small aubergine
- Follow the cooking instruction and portion size of pasta of your choice.
- Once cooked, drain and run it under the cold tap and set aside for later.
- Oil the warm frying pan with olive oil and pan fry sliced aubergine. Set aside for later.
- Now add the pasta into same pan in low heat, add a little pasta water to avoid sticking. Stir in 2 tablespoon of Red Pepper Spread and mix evenly.
- Add washed spinach and cooked aubergine. Finish with grated cheese.
- Garnish with herbs, olives and chopped roasted walnuts or pine nuts if prefer.
Note* You can also turn this into a creamy dish by adding mozzarella and cheddar cheese with Red pepper spread and a bit of cooked pasta water, before adding pasta and rest of ingredients.