Korean sweet potato glass noodles have an excellent chewy texture and offer a hint of sweetness. They are gluten
free and low carb too. Excellent choice for low calorie meal.
INGREDIENTS vegetables such as mushrooms, leeks, celery are good alternatives
- 2 portion of sweet potato glass noodles
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- Few stems of rainbow chard thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
FOR THE SAUCE mix them together in a bowl
- 1 tablespoon Miso & Plum Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Sprinkle of Togarashi Spice to garnish and for extra flavour
- Cook the sweet potato noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold tap. Cut the noodles with scissors into 6 to 7 inch lengths for easier mixing and eating. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles into the pan and the sauce, mix well then turn off the heat.
- Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with Togarashi Spice.