Famous for its aromatic, spicy and nutty taste! An appetite booster dish served cold on a hot summer day, or served
warm as comfort food in mid-winter.
- 100g pork or chicken minced
- 1-2 teaspoon chopped spring onion and coriander leaves and roasted peanuts for garnish
- 2 portions of fine noodles
- 1-2 tablespoon Dan Dan Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon Tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 teaspoon Chiu Chow Chilli Oil (for extra KICK)
- Cook noodles as per the packet, once cooked drain in a colander and run under cold tap then set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a small frying pan in medium heat, then add minced meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked add the SAUCE and a splash of hot water to create smooth sauce, then to serve on top of a bowl of cold noodles.
- Alternatively, warm noodles in a hot broth and serve.
Other sauces you might like to try on this recipe: Mei’s Original Chilli Sauce, Mei’s Smoked Paprika Chilli Sauce.