YOU’LL NEED A NON-STICK DEEP FRYING PAN OR A WOK.
- 200g chicken thighs/breasts (cut in chunks)
- 1 each of red pepper, small red onion (chopped in chunks)
- Chopped spring onion and chillies (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine or dry Sherry (optional)
- Mei’s Black Beans Sauce
- Marinade chicken pieces with 1 tsp of Mei’s Black Beans Sauce + 1 tsp corn starch + 1 tsp water+ drizzle of sesame oil. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Take a deep frying pan, heat a tbsp of cooking oil in medium heat then add the chicken pieces cook for 1-2 minutes. Cook them evenly by turning them with a spatula. Careful not to burn them. Once cooked transfer the chicken and set aside and leave the juice in the pan.
- Add chopped vegetables in the same pan with the juice and cook on medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of Mei’s Black Beans Sauce, stir for a minute to release the fragrance of the sauce, add a splash of Shaoxing wine/dry Sherry, chicken pieces, spring onion, 2 tbsp water. Stir evenly to avoid sticking to the pan.
- When cooked through turn off the heat.
- Serve with steamed rice, on stir-fried noodles or in fajita wraps.
Other sauces you might like to try on this recipe: Mei’s Miso & Plum Hoisin Sauce, Mei’s Hot Dates Chilli Paste, Mei’s Sweet & Sour with Pineapple, Mei’s Sweet Chilli Chutney, Mei’s Smoked Paprika Chilli Sauce.