Super Protein Wrap
Super delicious food! Tin beans and Mei’s Smoked Paprika Chilli Sauce. A recipe that you can make it ahead and store in the refrigerator for a quick snack later on. Serve it as a cold salad at BBQ parties or as a quick snack on a fajita wrap.
YOU’LL NEED A DEEP FRYING PAN OR WOK.
- 1 tin of chick peas and 1 tin of butter beans, drained and run under cold tap
- A bunch of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of Padron peppers, and salad leaves
- Mei’s Smoked Paprika Chilli Sauce
- BBQ meat optional
- Empty the tins of beans in a colander and run it under cold tap to rid of the salt and impurities.
- Take a deep frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in medium-low heat, pour in the chick peas and beans.
- Then stir-in 2 tbsp of Mei’s Smoked Paprika Chilli Sauce and mix well. Add a couple of tbsp of water, cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When it is steaming hot, transfer it to a salad bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan gently fry the tomatoes and Padron peppers. Take care not to burn them. Once cooked turn off the heat, and season with salt and pepper then add into the beans salad bow. Serve it hot or cold as a salad with BBQ food, fajita wraps, or rice