Original Chilli Sauce with Stir-fry Noodles - Vegetarian
- Mixed stir-fry vegetables
- Bean sprouts
- 1 medium size onion sliced length ways
- 2 slices of root ginger
- Fine egg noodles (see portion size suggestion on packet)
2 tablespoons good quality light soy sauce 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, optional 1 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) Pinch of 5 spice powder (optional) 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil.
You will need a non-stick deep frying pan or wok.
Fill the pan up with hot boiling water enough to cover the amount of dried egg noodles. Follow the manufacturer’s instruction, normally cook for about 3-4 minutes. (If you are using fresh noodles, omit this stage.)
Key to SUCCESS in cooking perfect stir-fry noodles is the cooling stage. Once the noodles are cooked, drain the water in a strainer and run it under a cold tap to cool down the noodles and stop it from over cooking.
- Now add cooking oil to the same frying pan, throw in the sliced ginger for about 1 minute, once the aroma of the ginger is released discard the ginger.
- Throw in the chopped vegetables and bean sprouts into the same pan and mix well, season with pinch of salt and stir in the noodles and SAUCE A into the pan and cover to cook in medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir well then cover for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with Mei’s Original Chilli Sauce. IT’S DELICIOUS!