Turn boring and blend flavour vegetables into a super delicious meal. A recipe that you can make it ahead and store in the refrigerator for a quick snack later on. Eat it hot as comfort food in mid-winter or serve it cold as a side at BBQ parties, or as a quick snack on a fajita wrap.
YOU’LL NEED A DEEP FRYING PAN.
- 1 tin of chick peas and 1 tin of butter beans, drained and run under cold tap
- A bunch of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 of each of small aubergine and courgette, thickly sliced
- Mei’s Hot Dates Chilli Paste
- Empty the tins of beans in a colander and run it under cold tap to rid of the salt and impurities.
- Take a deep frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in medium-low heat, add in all vegetables, chick peas and butter beans.
- Then stir-in 2 tbsp of Mei’s Hot Dates Chilli Paste and mix well. Add 50ml of water, cover with a lid and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- When vegetables are nice and tender, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley, optional.
- Serve it hot or cold with fajita wraps, on rice or as a salad with BBQ food.
Other sauces you might like to use as a dip: Mei’s Satay Sauce with Lemongrass, Mei’s Dan Dan Chilli Sauce, Mei’s Original Chilli Sauce, Mei’s Red Pepper Spread, Mei’s Chiu Chow Chilli Oil.