Crispy Pan-Fried Noodles
Imagine soft silky stir -fried meat (alternatively vegetable medley) soaked in delicious gravy, then poured over onto the serves 2 crispy fried noodles. It’s crunchy and saucy. This flavour combination can make anything tasty. Dishes such as black beans chicken, sweet and sour pork, beansprout and spring onion stir fry... will work perfectly. Ho Ho Mei (very delicious)!
YOU’LL NEED A 24cm WIDE NON -STICK FRYING PAN.
- 2 portions of fine egg noodles
- 200g thin frying steaks (thinly sliced, season with salt and ground white pepper)
- 1 leek and a few spring onion (thinly sliced 6cm length way)
FOR THE GRAVY mix all ingredients and set it aside for later use
- 1 tbsp each of light soy sauce + corn starch + 8 tbsp cold water
- Drizzle of sesame oil
FOR ALTERNATIVE TOPPING, PREPARE AHEAD ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Stir-fried chicken with Mei’s Black Bean sauce
- Braised Aubergines with Mei’s Dan Dan Chilli Sauce
- Cook noodles as per the packet, drain and run under cold water, air dry for an hour. This can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated before use.
- Take a deep frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in medium low heat, add noodles and spread thinly on the pan for even cooking, cover with a lid and cook for 1-2 minutes. Take care not to burn them.
- Then flip them over all at once with the help of a spatula and a pair of chopsticks. When it is crispy and golden, slide them in to a deep pasta bowl.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in medium low heat, add marinated beef and cook for 2 minutes, then add bean sprouts and spring onions and toss them evenly.
- Give the corn starch liquid a quick stir before adding into the pan. Add extra splash of water if needed. When it is steaming hot, turn off the heat.
- To serve, pour the stir-fried beef and vegetables with gravy over the pan-fried noodles. For extra chilli kick, drizzle over Mei’s Chiu Chow Chilli Oil.